SureShade sunshade systems use Sunbrella® fabrics for canvas and we recommend following Sunbrella’s basic canvas care and cleaning instructions to prolong the life of the canvas.
Basic canvas care includes:
- General, light cleaning with a hose on a monthly basis with clear water to remove debris
- A thorough cleaning every 2-3 years, which may include fabric guard and/or mildew treatments
- Conduct an annual inspection of your canvas to ensure that all threading is intact
- A pull test on the thread will confirm that threading has not become dry rotted from the elements.
For the full Sunbrella recommendations, download the Sunbrella Marine Care and Cleaning Guide.
Additional Important Care Guidance:
- SureShade does not recommend removing canvas from the SureShade roller system as it may be difficult to properly re-install or it could damage the rollers.
- Under no circumstances should the canvas supplied with any SureShade system ever be placed in a washing machine.
More Customer Care & Maintenance Resources
Reference the below customer care and maintenance guides to ensure the longevity of your SureShade sunshade system.
Share Your Shady Story
Share Your Story
SureShade customers love their sunshade systems as much as they love their boat! Share your story with us (with photos & details) and we’ll send you a SureShade t-shirt [customized with your boat name] as a thank-you.
Review us on Facebook!
If you are a happy SureShade customer (whether you bought from us direct or through a builder/dealer) we’d love if you could give us a 5 star review on Facebook.