SureShade M3 Automated Mega Shade
Retail Price (MSRP): Starts at $13,000 USD plus installation*
Final price based on length & width needed for your boat.
- SureShade M3 stainless steel, telescoping framework
- Actuators for operation with all wiring components
- Specialized mounting brackets
- Sunbrella canvas in your color choice
- One year parts warranty
*Installation charges are applied by your installer.
Key Technical Features
- Electric power-driven retractable shade
- Self-supported stainless steel framework
- Various spring tension roller types (straight / patented cambered) allow for hands-free roll-up
- Independently tested and can withstand winds of 50+ mph (80kph), can hold 300lbs (136kg) across the stainless steel framework of the top
- Ideal for boats over 60 feet in length(9 m) with an overhead structure or larger areas of a boat (such as a large cockpit or bow)
- Three-stage telescopic framework design with maximum shade extension of 10 feet (3.048m)
Shade Extension Length: up to 10 feet (3048 mm)
Actual Canvas Length: 140 in (3556 mm)
Stationary Tube Length: 70 in (1778 mm)
Overall Length: 76.75 in (1949.45 mm)
Max Centerline Width: 144 in (3658 mm)
Material: Stainless Steel (316SS)
Controller Dimensions: 5x7x1.5 in (127x178x38 mm)
Controller Voltage: 12 v or 24 v
Controller Amperage: 14-17 amps
Approximate Weight: 160 lbs (73 kg)
Installation Time: 8-10 hours (2 techs)
NOTE: Maximum valance cover weight 20 lbs (9 kg) – shade will not function correctly if attached valance exceeds this weight.
Our sunshade systems feature marine-grade Sunbrella® canvas for optimal durability in a marine environment.
Sunbrella canvas resists mildew and fading and carries the Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation for sun protection.
To view available canvas colors, visit the Sunbrella Marine Fabric showroom (solid colors only) for a full selection of canvas colors to choose from for your SureShade sunshade system.
How to Measure for SureShade M3
Our comprehensive measuring documents will guide you through the process for determining proper placement and custom sizing for your SureShade system based on your boat application.
View Measuring Guides
SureShade Product Warranty
SureShade provides the following Limited Warranty of its electric and manual sunshade systems.
SureShade warrants that the shade framework – which consists of the actuator drive assemblies, crossbars, roller assembly, mounts and in the case of an electric shade, the motors, controller and wire that connects the actuators to the controller – will be free from material defects and workmanship and will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any inoperable components that are reported within 3 years from the date of shade sale to original purchaser – boat builder, dealer or private boat owner.
SureShade will also replace, at its sole discretion, the canvas component of the shade system (electric or manual) when reported defective within one year from the date of canvas manufacture as indicated on the white manufacturer tag attached to the canvas (tag must remain attached for warranty purposes).
Read our full warranty statement